Have questions about ESTA application process?

The ESTA authorization, also defined "Electronic System for Travel Authorization", is a particular concession issued by the Department of Homeland Security that can be requested and obtained by citizens of the countries belonging to the Visa Waiver Program ("Visa-Free Travel" Program) to be allowed to travel to the United States without needing a non-immigrant Visa

At the moment 40 countries are under the Visa Waiver Program: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Malta, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland Taiwan and United Kingdom

Apart from being a citizen of one of the countries under the Visa Waiver Program("Visa-Free Travel" Program), to get ESTA authorization is strictly necessary:

  • to have of an eletronic passport whose validity covers the whole stay in the United States. Electronic passports incorporate a chip containing the passport holders' biometric data and are equipped with a code of alphanumeric identification
  • to travel to the United States for tourism, business or in transit to another destination
  • to stay in the United States for 90 days or less, even a few days of "overstay" may involve important consequences such as the impossibility of future access to the United States or, for more serious cases, the detention, también pocos días de “overstay” pueden comportar consecuencias importantes como la imposibilidad de futuros accesos en los Estados Unidos o por casos más graves la detención
  • to have a round-trip ticket

Failing even one of the aforementioned requirements, you must apply for the non-immigrant VisaVisado no-inmigrantes

Obtaining ESTA authorization allows you to board an airplane or ship, bound for the United States, but does NOT guarantee by itself the entry into the United States

Upon arrival in the United States, a Customs and Border Protection agent will determine whether or not the traveler is admitted on the basis of the Visa Waiver Program and US laws

The ESTA authorization is valid for a period of 2 years from the date of issue or until the expiry of the validity of the electronic passport

Although the Customs and Border Protection recommends that you request ESTA authorization at least 72 hours before travelling to the United States, the request can be submitted even a few hours before departure. However, our advice is to anticipate the time required so as to be able to cope with any difficulties

For all minors (including infants who travel without a ticket) theirESTA authorization is required on the basis of their electronic passport data

The data you provide us are lected from our site, verified by our operators and finally transmitted to the Department of Homeland Security through encryption and authentication systems of SSL data (Secure Sockets Layer)

The data of debit and credit cards are not stored in any way as they are processed exclusively by payment circuits through the highest security systems (PCI-DSS)

  • Do not have an Estonian citizen’s e-Passport (with chip)
  • Intend to work in the United States, paid or unpaid, including work as an au-pair or intern
  • Intend to stay in the United States for more than 90 days
  • Intend to attend school or university in the United States
  • Have currently or previously held a Green Card (Legal Permanent Resident status) and have not ally abandoned it by signing I-407 at an Embassy or border
  • Have been refused admission into or have been deported from the United States within the past five years
  • Have been refused a U.S. visa due to an ineligibility other than 221(g) or 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act
  • Have ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime (including drug trafficking)
  • Have been afflicted with a serious, communicable disease or who are drug abusers or addicts
  • Have participated in the persecution of any person under the control of the Nazi Government of Germany
  • Have ever been members or representatives of a terrorist organization
Travelers who fall under one or more of these categories are not necessarily ineligible for entry into the United States, but must apply for and obtain a visa before traveling to the United States

Simple, fast and safe process